Thursday, September 6, 2012

Wes and His 'Baby"

This story goes all the way back to the last day of school when Wes' teacher gave them all a teddy bear.  Well, bless this poor bear's heart he's not the most quality made bear in the world.  His fur falls out in clumps, his nose and eyes are a little crooked and funny looking.  When we got home he went in the pile in Wes' closet with all the other stuffed animals.  Then one day when I was cleaning out baby clothes I saw Wes had pulled him out.  Wes has had a hard time understanding how little the baby will be when its born so I had the genius idea to let him put a newborn onesie on this bear who seemed just the right size.  Then it all started and Jon was not so happy...

He's become obsessed with taking care of "his baby" all summer.






Our favorite story was the night Wes wet the bed for the 2nd time that day (very long story but we were just having one of those days) so in the middle of the night while we're changing sheets again.  Wes bursts into tears "Oh no, I peeeeeeed on my baby!!!!!"


We put the crib in Wes' room and then he couldn't sleep without his baby going to bed too.

We went to a big brother class one morning and Wes was supposed to bring something to practice putting a diaper on.  Guess who got to tag along...



I got a new stroller and he had to try it out with his baby.


Then most recently, Jon put together the baby swing and it has sat there ever since.  I think Wes thinks we'll just put his new brother in a swing and he'll sit there for days without making a peep.  Wouldn't that be nice???

So I'll leave you with a picture of the real Baby from about two weeks ago.  Its not the best picture cause things are a little cramped in there but I was still excited to get a little sneak peek!


1 comment:

  1. This is soooooo precious!! I love it! And what a sweet little face the new baby has!

    ReplyDelete