Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Christmas Spirit.

Friday we had planned a fun evening out to the Opryland hotel and to let Wes sit on Santa's lap.  I had even coaxed/forced Wes to take an afternoon nap in preparation for our big evening.  Santa's lap was a success even though Wes choked under pressure.  He was so in awe that he forgot to tell him what he wanted and as were walking away yells "A Scooter!"  So hopefully Santa heard him, and didn't see what happened next...



We were waiting in line and about 5 people from the front, about to pay $18 to ride a boat, when on came a temper tantrum from a very impatient 2 year old.  I think what pushed us over the edge was after I very calmly tried to explain to Wes that the people in line in front of us had to go first.  To which Wes exclaimed "NO, I GO FIRSSSSSSTTTTT!!!!" - reaching through the bushes for the boat filled with people as it was drifting away.  At that point Jon and I looked at eachother and we knew the thing to do was to leave.  We headed straight to the car (a long, embarrassing, crowded 10 minute walk with much wailing about riding the boat).  When we made it to the car I look at our parking ticket and we had been there 31 minutes, Parking was free up until 20 minutes.  Bummer.  That was $19.66 not well spent!

As for Wes, after the crying stopped not a word was said for the 30 minute car ride.  I think he was shocked we had actually left.  So I guess that means we did the right thing but it was still hard!  The good news is we saw santa on a Friday night and were all still in bed by 8:30, can't beat that!

Wish us better luck today since we have nutcracker tickets!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your new blog!! We miss yall! Come see us!! We have yet to take a Santa picture yet.. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to get all 3 kiddos in Santa's lap??? Wes is such a cutie and we love your Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete