Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cooking

This year I've done lots of cooking trying to find some recipes that can become a tradition throughout the years.  Wes is very into Christmas this year so it has been fun to see him excited about all the different things we've done.

Growing up my mom always made homemade sugar cookies and we decorated them.  She has since tried to stop for a number of years but she is not allowed.  She advised me not to start this one and choose something easier with less rolling, cutting, tearing, sprinkles all over the kitchen, etc. Did i listen?  Of course not.  I really tried, but I just kept being drawn back to those cute little snowmen with red hots for buttons!  And I discovered the 25 years + she made them was truly a labor of love. They are much harder than the look.  But it sure was good that I had a helper.



Always available for a taste test.


Aside from cookies, pies, candy and presents I think I'm most excited about PW's Cinnamon rolls.  I finally got around to making them this year and I can't wait to eat them...ALL.
I think 5 pans should be enough for Christmas morning!


Wes did get bored on our days inside while I got ready for the holidays but he found ways to entertain himself.  My favorite was when he disappeared upstairs for a while and came back with a football, sit and spin, superman shirt, and boots.  Looking good!


No comments:

Post a Comment